North Carolina Transportation Museum - Historic Spencer Shops
RBSA’s long history of work with the NCTM includes projects both large and small and as varied as abatement and stabilization projects, restoration and renovation projects, public safety projects and finished museum/exhibit spaces. The first of these projects was the Roundhouse. Built in 1924 by Southern Railway for repair and maintenance of steam and diesel locomotives, this facility was renovated to house an extensive collection of rail related exhibits, an orientation center, toilet facilities, office spaces and mechanical and storage areas. Projects that followed included Barber Junction renovated for the Museum’s Visitor’s Center with an addition housing restroom facilities, Master Mechanics Office, Paint Shop and Flue Shop renovations, Water Tank Abatement, Back Shop Abatement/Stabilization, Power House Abatement, Warehouse #3 Renovations and most recently, Radio Shop & Yard Office Renovations.
94,654 sq. ft. Roundhouse Museum
1,760 sq. ft. Barber Junction Depot – Visitor’s Center
112,000 sq. ft. Back Shop Stabilization